Why Teach in Davis
Davis School District Provides an Environment Where Learning Comes First!
The district serves more than 74,000 students. Davis district operates with 92 schools, which account for 62 elementary, 17 junior highs, ten high schools, and three alternative schools. With a graduation rate of 95%.
The student population continues to become more diverse with 67 languages spoken by students. Language immersion-French, Chinese, and Spanish-is now taught in 19 schools.
We support our educators with great insurance benefits and paid preparation time along with a fantastic mentoring program. Many grants are available through our foundation program.
The district benefits from strong support from its parents and community. Thanks to voter support a $298 million bond it possible to open our 9th High school, Farmington High. Shoreline Jr. High and Wasatch Elementary opened for the 2019 school year. We are excited that 2 new elementary Academy schools will be opening soon.
Your Top Reasons to
Teach in Davis
Teacher Leadership Opportunities
- Instructional coaching
- Curriculum specialists
- Teacher Leader Fellowship
- Mentor Teacher Leaders
- Grade specific mentoring
- District and onsite mentoring
Money for your classroom
- Davis Education Foundation Grants
Innovative District produced Curriculum & Software
- Lesson plans, online resources and assessments are available for teachers in all content areas
24 Hour Substitute Teacher System
- Online absence entry when a substitute is needed
- Robust online and in person training on curriculum, instructional techniques and
- Opportunities for career advancement and salary increase
Paid Preparation Time
- Weekly early-out or late start time for teaming and planning
- Regular prep time an duty-free lunch
Excellent Health Insurance
- Free annual on-site health screenings
- Low premiums
- Employee Wellness Program
- Health Benefits
Family-Friendly Polices & Programs
- District day-care centers
- Job sharing
- First consideration for school placements of teachers' children
- Variety of schools: large and small, Title, alternative, online and dual immersion
- With over 92 schools, you'll have the opportunity to find the perfect fit
Superior Technology Support & Tools
- 13 Apple Schools
- Full range Microsoft productive, instructional and communication
- School Technology Specialist in every school
The best part of this District to me is simple, it's the people! I love working with people who are more than just colleagues, they are friends.
Nick O’Neal ViewmontHigh
Questions about teaching positions?
Elementary: Cathy 801.402.5106 email@example.com
Secondary: Monica 801. 402.5219 firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Education: Traci 801.402.5216 email@example.com
Can I teach without an Educator License?
Davis School District is looking to hire passionate educators who want to make a difference in the life of a child.
- Have you always wanted to be a teacher?
- Have you thought about making a career change?
- Do you have a Bachelors Degree, but no teaching license?
If you answered yes to any of these questions there is a path for you! We are here to support you through the process of alternative licensing called the APPEL program.
Alternative Pathway to Professional Educator License
APPEL teachers receive a Professional License Plan designed to guide them through teaching practices, subject matter competencies, and clinical experiences. Teachers are supported through a robust mentoring program and professional learning opportunities. Interested candidates must first obtain a teaching position in Davis School District to start the APPEL program. Please note that paraprofessionals, teacher aides, prep teachers and substitute teachers are not qualifying positions for APPEL.